Maybe I'll actually have time to blog again now that circumstances at work are no longer hell and my home is gradually starting to look less like a disaster depot.
- free dinner from office bbq
- rescued a bunch of food from the office bbq that was going to go to waste, socked it away in the fridge and freezer
- 20-min kitchen cleanup and 20-min living room/dining room clean up with all 3 of my wonderful helpers
Home Finances Work:
- updated our budget status with mint.com and reviewed progress against goals (evaluation: pretty darn good, except that the economy is dragging against our net worth goal, and our dinners-out, SBUX habits from the past few months has put us way over in the "entertainment" category
- reviewed various deal sites, decided to subscribe to the zootles animal magazine for the girls for two years -- referrer link if you must know :) -- make sure you dig up a coupon code from RetailMeNot if you go for the deal, save an extra 15%. Also, make sure you pick a school to send a bonus 5% of your purchase. Parent Coop for Early Learning in Chicago, IL is a good choice ;)
- convinced myself that since we're not really out of anything and have a jam-packed-full fridge and freezers, plus fruit & vegetable boxes to pick up today, we don't need to do any shopping this weekend and we can stay home.
- meal plan for the next week
- clean up back entry and front entry
- make some homemade tortillas, because they're yummy