Orange Noodley Beef
.8 lb steak (I used beef tenderloin but I'm sure anything would work)
4 T orange marmalade
1 bunch green onions
1 red pepper
1 package asian noodles (I used the simply asia brand, kung pao variety)
1 T dry ginger
2 T sesame oil
1 t sea salt
1 T rice wine vinegar
1) Add sesame oil and steaks to a medium-hot frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes on one side without moving the steak.
2) While the steak is cooking, cut the onion into 1/8th wedges and add it to the pan.
3) Chop the green onions into 1/2 inch chunks.
4) When the first five minutes is up, flip the steak, add the ginger, and cook the steak for 5 more minutes without moving. While side two is cooking, add the green onions and deglaze with the vinegar. Add the sea salt. Dice the pepper and add when ready.
5) Prep the noodles according the the directions on the package.
6) When side two of the steak is done, remove from the pan and slice cross-wise.
7) Add the marmelade.
8) When the steak is sliced, re-add it to pan and cook for five more minutes or until done to your preferred level.
Quick weeknight dinner for 2!