Monday, May 3, 2010

My Freezer Cooking/Meal/Gardening Plan

Here's the items I want to make in this month's cook-a-thon:
  • Pizza Rolls
  • Chicky Nuggets w/peach sauce
  • Buffalo Shrimp
  • Ravioli Lasagna
  • Turkey-egg-cheese "muffins"
  • Twice-baked potatoes
  • Lasagna
  • Taconess
  • Bread! Finally!
I am splitting this into a 3-day plan...which will be a little more of a challenge than usual because I don't have my work-at-home day this week. I'm also integrating in my meal and gardening plans to try to give myself a full & reasonable picture of what I'll be up to.

Tuesday AM: put pork roast into crockpot. Tuesday PM: Chop vegetables. Dinner tonight: shredded pork tacos; Also, start lamb roast and ground beef defrosting.
Wednesday PM: Cut potatoes, bake. Prep pizza dough. Freeze chicken that won't be used for nuggets. Chop chicken for nuggets, prep, bake. Put ground turkey into crockpot. Dinner tonight: leftovers. Garden plan: Dig a hole for sage, replant. Plant peppers in space vacated by sage plant, get tomatoes in the ground.
Thursday AM: Put ground beef in crock pot to cook overnight.
Thursday PM: Prep potatoes, freeze. Scramble eggs, mix with turkey and cheese, bake. Prep pizza rolls. Bake. Assemble lasagna, freeze. Assemble taconess, freeze.
Dinner tonight is Italian chicken, pasta, & sauce.
Plant perennials in back. Tote window boxes up to the back deck, plant annuals.
Friday PM: Plant leftovers.
Saturday AM: put lamb roast in crockpot. Leftovers...eat them, plant them. Get bread started.
Saturday PM: Dinner tonight: crock-pot lamb roast in pita with greek yogurt.Punch down bread.
Sunday AM: stirfry w/eggrolls
Sunday PM: Dinner tonight is BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment