Monday, May 31, 2010

Some Kinda Meal Plan....

This month has been full of disorder and stress -- the mix of a new j-o-b and trying to figure out how to wrangle both an infant and a toddler has left me drained. It surely was handy to have so many freezer meals -- thinking back on the month, it felt like we ordered a lot of takeout, but looking at the budget, we actually didn't. Instead of going out to eat on the weekends, we've been kinda hunkering down, and takeout has been a stress response on the toughest weekdays. June will be better, surely. I love spring weather, and I have no interest in my girls growing up any quicker than necessary, but I'm ready to leave May behind, thankyouverymuch.

I realized today that my accumulated ground pork is pretty perfect for tacos (Secret Meat Club seems to include quite a bit of ground pork; the only use I'd come up with prior to today was eggrolls, which are frozen and awaiting stirfry meals). Despite eating out of the freezer quite a bit, I still have quite a stockpile from my previous rounds of freezer cooking. Today I stumbled across a couple of stuffed pancake cupcakes .... yum!

Dinners
  • grill out 2x -- hamburgers, lamb sausage, steak
  • pork tacos
  • lamb curry stew
  • turkey meatballs
  • sweet & sour shrimp stirfry
  • DIY pizza w/mozzerella & pepperoni
Sides
  • asparagus risotto (or grilled)
  • wild rice

To Freeze

  • chopped asparagus
  • chopped rhubarb
  • creamed corn

No comments:

Post a Comment