Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meal plan for 2/28-3/7 and beyond

I didn't make much of a meal plan for the last two weeks -- it wasn't too much of a disaster, since we have all these nice freezer meals to eat -- but we also didn't really end up eating dinner for several of those nights... Time to plan again. This time around is pretty low-key because I'm planning another cook-a-thon. We still have most of the meals from the last cook-a-thon, but I'm planning ahead for baby time.

Mains
  • pork chops
  • turkey taco rollups
  • country beef stew (crockpot)
  • steak and potatoes
  • turkey meatballs, sauce, noodles
  • two freezer meals
Make-aheads
  • Bread! We are all out of flour, which really put a crimp in my breadmaking habits these past few weeks
  • The OAMM February menu (and really, that's enough!)
This will leave me with a freezer full of meals, plus ribs, bacon, pork sausage, and a split chicken for whatever comes next. The next CSA meat delivery is March 16th, which might mean other than getting what I need for the freezer cooking, we are pretty nicely stocked on that front for a while. With all the necessities so well-covered and the good deals coming so regularly at Jewel, I might actually brave the budget-killing paradise known as Trader Joe's......

No comments:

Post a Comment