Friday, January 1, 2010

Hooray for organization!

I had one of those little victories today -- the kind where you feel like all of your preparation and hard work is paying not only the dividends you expected, but unexpected kinds as well. We had occasion to thank a neighbor for some very kind effort he put forth on our behalf during our vacation, and what better way to say thanks than a plate of home-baked brownies, a loaf of home-made bread, and a note? I knew where my notecards were, I had the ingredients for brownies, and I had a frozen unbaked loaf of bread ready to go. My efforts in this area have been primarily motivated by trying to create a comfortable and peaceful home, but the ability to also be grateful in response to another's generosity is an unexpected extra encouragement to keep working at this home management thing. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment