- Only spend half our grocery budget, preferably less!
As of mid-day on 1/9, we've spent 15.3% of our budget, and we're 30% of the way through the month. The snowy weather is helping out in this respect....who wants to shop for anything more than the bare necessities in weather like this?
- Eat from the pantry as much as possible -- in part so that I can get it better organized.
We have mostly been eating defrosted stuff I am discovering in the freezer, but I've gotten a little creative with bits and pieces from the back of the fridge and cabinets as well.
- Stick with my kitchen resolutions and boost our preparation for my maternity leave in the spring.
So far, so good!
- Made/froze so far:
- 2 dozen rolls
- Chopped carrots
- Mac & cheese for Stella's packed lunch
- veggie burgers, maybe w/chili or soup
- lamb roast
- onion-coated chicken
- yellow split pea-spinach dal
- squash and potatoes with rosemary in crockpot
- roasted carrots
- potato-carrot pancakes
- a cake
- more mac & cheese