Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pantry Challenge, week 2!


The Goals:


- Only spend half our grocery budget, preferably less!
As of the end of 1/14, we've spent 33.3% of our budget, and we're 45.2% of the way through the month. We'll need to slow down our spend rate if we're going to come in at 50% of our budget. We're eating up the budget a little more quickly than planned because I took advantage of some sales to stock up on frozen shrimp and I also ended up re-supplying my sugar stockpiles...those cinnamon rolls are calling to me!
- Eat from the pantry as much as possible -- in part so that I can get it better organized.
We have mostly been eating either from our meal plan or else defrosted stuff I am discovering in the freezer, but I've gotten a little creative with bits and pieces from the back of the fridge and cabinets as well. Mmmm, and Chinese takeout.
- Stick with my kitchen resolutions and boost our preparation for my maternity leave in the spring. 

    Made/froze so far:
  • 2 dozen rolls
  • Chopped carrots
  • Eggrolls
  • Beans
  • Mac & cheese for Stella's packed lunch
  • Bread -- 1 baked, 2 frozen loaves

No comments:

Post a Comment