Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 11 of the Snowbound Cookie Challenge

It's the day before the last day of the challenge, and I gotta say....I am ready to be done. I am down to my last egg, and a half-stick of butter, and not much cooking spray either for that matter. Every container I could scare up is full of cookies, and some are mounded up on plates. I think we are equipped in the cookie department for a long time to come.

Today, I decided to go for an experiment -- starting with a "healthy" oatmeal cookie recipe, I added a little bit of this, a little bit of that, substituted here, skipped there, and ended up with what might be called "Oatmeal Puddles". They really smell great baking in the oven, but they come out a little too crispy-crumbly-thin. My original recipe was pretty much just oil, sugar, oats, and an egg (peanut butter, a couple raisins and cranberries from the bottom of the bag, cinnamon, and leftover fudge from the tarts were tossed in there too), but maybe it would have been useful to add in some flour to help it hold together and milk to soften the oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment