Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 3 of the Snowbound Cookie Challenge

Ugh. There, I said it. I don't feel like my usual sparkly self today, I feel tired and pregnant, and I'm sure no one wants to read a big whiney post about my extremely minor difficulties and complaints....because in the grand scheme of things, I am probably the world's most fortunate and blessed person. Or, at least, I've never met anyone luckier than me. Which doesn't help my headache go away (whine alert! whine alert!) but maybe some tylenol and some cheesecake squares will do the trick :)

Life's little lessons:

1 - If the food safety website says store your shortening in the fridge or it'll go rancid, and the shortening container says store it at room temperature....store it at room temperature. At least during the Snowbound Cookie Challenge.

2 - I need to look up a helpful hints website that can tell me how to store brown sugar without it getting all gross.

Kitchen discoveries:

A tin of cocoa, a bag of prunes (surely these can substitute for dates), and a gorgeous little jar of fancy orange marmalade....hmmm....

The cheesecake squares are baking happily, my sweetie is cutting up lemon bars to put into freezer containers, and my little baby is sleeping peacefully. Oh, and my headache is gone. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment